Spring 2016 Contents
- 'Dan's Dates' - not about Dan Dare's romantic dalliances(!) but rather about the chronology of the stories as told by Frank Hampson in the 1950's Eagle
- 'Man of Courage' - an examination of Eagle's strip about the life of St. Vincent de Paul, and its "mystery" writer, Francis Dickson, alias "R.B. Saxe"
- 'The Platinum Planet' - remembrance of the Dan Dare story, written by Eric Eden and drawn by Don Harley and Bruce Cornwell, which appeared in Eagle in 1961
- 'Vengeance Trail' - an examination of the western strip that replaced 'Riders of the Range' in Eagle in 1962 and was based on Flaming Irons, a novel by Max Brand
- 'In and Out of the Eagle': some more episodes in the series presenting collections of Eagle-related snippets
- 'PC49 and the Case of the Gypsy's Warning': part 3, concluding the latest Eagle Times adaptation of a PC49 radio story, originally written by Alan Stranks
- 'Eagle and Chocolate' - a history of chocolate, its manufacture in Britain and the firms that advertised their products in Eagle
- 'The Gay Corinthian': concluding a comparison of the Eagle's (1961-62) reprint/adaptation of the 1924 novel by Ben Bolt with its earlier (June 1953) comic-strip adaptation in Thriller Comics
- 'Dan Dare Rocket and Space Ship Builder Sets - The Meccano Connection': continuing an article on the construction sets produced in the 1950s, this time taking a look at those produced by MOKO
- 'Eagle Miscellany or pieces picked up' - a collection of short notes of Eagle history, gathered from various sources, including the recollections of the late Derek Lord, a former editor of Eagle
- 'Nelson' - taking a look at aspects of the life of Lord Nelson not mentioned in Eagle's picture-strip version of his life, 'The Great Sailor'
- 'Dan Dare: The 2000 AD Years, Volume 1' - a review of the recently published collection of Dan Dare reprints from the 1970's 2000AD comic
- 'Radio Echoes' - on the on-line availability of pre-Eagle episodes from the BBC radio series The Adventures of PC49
- 'Silver Eagler of the Year 1954' - Wyndham Rees writes about the "big fuss" made of him by Marcus Morris and Eagle, after being awarded Silver Eagler of the Year
- 'A Vague Resemblance' - a reader speculates the influence of the 1955 film This Island Earth, and Dan Dare's 1956 adventure 'Rogue Planet'
- 'Waldof and Cecil' - a look at the popular pair of cartoon characters that appeared in strips in Eagle Annual but never actually appeared in the weekly magazine
This issue's cover features opening frames from Frank Hampson's first Dan Dare story (written in 1950), depicting events in the (then) future 1996